domingo, 6 de julio de 2014

TOSHISHITA KARESHI VOL. 1 IDOL ~SAKURAGI SORA NO BAAI~ [ENGLISH]

Hi there!! This time I set myself on translating Toshishita Kareshi Vol. 1 with Noburin as Sakuragi Sora. I really liked this story. It's somewhat bittersweet, and well, you'll know once you listen to it ^^ I must warn you that this is by no means an accurate translation, I took some liberties here and there and some phrases might be missing. If someone with a better understanding in Japanese spots any mistakes don't hesitate to let me know so I can fix them asap. Enjoy!!

(Versión en Español aquí)


**************************************************

TOSHISHITA KARESHI. IDOL ~SAKURAGI SORA NO BAAI~

Younger Boyfriend. Idol ~The case of Sakuragi Sora~
CV: Okamoto Nobuhiko


Track 1 - A fateful meeting
*persecution scene*

Hey! Stop! 

Don't make anything stupid.

Of doing such a thing what would result? It's enough. Let that person go!

He's let them go! Come here!

*sound of clapperboard*

[00:24] Aaa... Was it okay? Haha, okay, thank you very much. Next will be break, right? Yay! Then I'll take some air outside. Hehe. It's okay, I tell you I'll definitely come back to continue with work. Hehe, it's not as if I'll escape!

Random girl: I give you my support!

Thank you. Thank you to all of you, being here since very early in the morning.

Girl at distance: Sora-kun is so cool!

Shake hands? Sure, it's fine.

Random girl: Give your best!

Sure! Thank you very much.

Random girl: Look this way!

But, I'm sorry. This is my break. We're to continue later. Yeah, excuse me. Yeah, sorry. I'll take my leave.

*birds chirping*

[01:23] *grunting* *lits up cigarrete* It's a real pain in the ass. [Then he goes ranting how he gets invited here and there, asked to hand shake and so] *mimicking the girls he just left* Kyaaa, Sora-kun look this way! Give your best! 

Tch! I want to rest my tiredoom outside not being told to give my best!(?) *continues to smoke his cigarrete* To act correctly. Everybody just jumps to conclusions that I'm smart, good at singing, I can act, a perfect idol, Sakuragi Sora-kun. *sighs* It's not that simple. There's a dark side of course. *blows smoke* It can't be help since it's work, but at this rate I won't get any time for myself. *streches* [I don't get what he says, sorry]

[02:43] Ah, who is there? Ah, that uniform. You're a part-timer here? Aah, I see. Just now, you saw, right? Even if you say it wasn't your intention to... tch, what a disaster. You see, you won't tell this to anybody. Even if you did, nobody would ever believe you anyway.


Track 2 - Fast approach to you
Director, is it true that the extras are delayed? I see. Being the case what if we ask the workers of this shop to apply? *the director agrees and Sora-kun approaches to the staff* Thank you to all of you for lending this shop to take the shots. This might be sudden but I've got one request for you. For the next planned shot we lack enough extras, so we ask you to participate as one last bother. Please. *Girls talking about how excited they are of appearing in a dorama with Sora-kun*.

[00:58] Director, can I speak with you for a moment? The girl back there. Yeah, that's right, the girl with the long black hair. I think she fits quite well with the image of the dorama. If a main extra is needed how about negotiating with her? Really? I'm so glad! *he approaches to the girl* I'd like you to play a lead role, you stand out more than other extras, of course the director wants it as well as me, please! Ah, I see, you've got work. But that it's okay, right mister manager? *laughs merrily* Seems there's no problem. I'm sorry for asking such all of a sudden but until we've done filming please bear with it. *you bow and tell him to take care of you* Yes. Please take care of me too. 

*opens door* 

[02:14] Here she is. Thanks for the hard work! Can I sit beside you? *takes sit* I'm sorry for having asked you to be an extra all of a sudden. I had a hunch it had to be precisely you. That's right! But, we haven't introduced ourselves, have we? I'm kidding! *laughs* Eh!? Now that you mention it you're right, you say? Somehow this is not going well... *clears his throat* So, yesterday was the same but it's quite early in the morning, right? Is every morning the same? To stock shelves? Because this is a big supermarket there are lots of merchandise and heavy baggages, right? Is it okay? You're strong? You don't seem to, though. Don't you exert yourself too much? Eeh? I see. It's nice being able to work in something you enjoy. I envy you. Have you been for a long time on this job? Eh!? You've got a child!? Then, you're not the same age as me? You don't look like someone who already has a daughter. Eh!? [03:50] You say you're much older than I am!? It can't be! You really don't show it. I see. You're married. Still you don't give that vibe. I don't mean anything weird, though! More like you seem younger. You really surprised me. I was that surprised that I even forgot to speak formally. *laughs* 

Woman: Sakuragi-san, they're looking for you! It's your turn next!

Oops, next right? I'll go right away! Well then, let's go to work! What's the "give your best" for? We're together, it's you're turn too. Come, stand up, miss actress. There's no need to be that nervous, I'll be there. Come, let's go. 

[05:10] See, you were an actress. It wasn't like that, you say? It's okay. You did a great performance. If you kept the secret and suddenly you showed to your family the dorama, you're daughter would be terribly surprised, like "my mama is an actress" or something like that. Eh!? Seriously!? Your daughter is our fan!? (he refers to the band he is in) Really!! I'm glad! That's why you knew about me. I see. I assumed you might not know me. Uh? Throughout Japan there's virtually no one who doesn't know you, you say? That's an exaggeration! I get it, I get it. I trust you. *chuckle* That point of you is really cute. Eh? Ah, not that way!! How do I put it... because you're really honest. [I missed this phrase, gomen!] 

*laughs* 

[06:34] I had never met someone like you. That's right. You know, I was always curious, the time when I was smoking on the backyard you saw me, right? I said some mean things back then, I'm sorry. Uh? You were relieved, you say? What do you mean? Because when you watched me on TV I was way too excesively perfect? I see. Ranting about work is something normal for a 23 year old man so you were relieved. Hehe. Of course it is! I also want to complaint once in a while! [another phrase I miss, gomen!] You really are a first to me.


Track 3 - A secret for two
*birds chirping*

Thanks for your hard work! I've come to eat lunch. Were you surprised? I thought about coming here to eat too. I thought there was a cute figure over there and ended up coming here. Isn't the weather nice today? I thought it'd be better to have lunch outside. It's okay if I sit next to you, right? I've already sit, though *chuckles* Aaah, I'm so hungry! *singing* Let's eat, let's eat the delicious bentou. Cha-chan! Today's bentou was especially made by the manager of my favorite cafe. Of course I'd get tired of eating always the same, the boss noticed. There's not much meat but it tastes great! Buuuuut, to me it looks fascinating that bentou like made of leftovers of nikujaga and soft omurice of yesterday's dinner. Really!? Is it okay? To give it to me! It's been a while since I've eaten a handmade bentou! It looks absolutely delicious! *chomps* Delicious! The seasoning of the tamagoyaki feels great! You're a good cooker! I'm so envious of your husband, being able to eat this tasty food everyday. But in reality you'd usually just microwave things. *you hit him* I'm kidding! I'm kidding! I've said I'm sorry! Stop hitting me. Haaa, so this is friendship. Making jokes, eating together, and stuff. My heart lightens just by having fun with simple things. I don't really get it myself though. Don't look at me that way. *Sora's heart starts racing* What's this, suddenly my heart it's warm, moreover my heart is beating so fast! What's this? What is happening? Did I overwork? No, that's not it! Ah! No, it's nothing. Don't look this way. No! It's not like that. I tell you... that... I'm really sorry. 

[02:58] Eh? What is that so suddenly? Here I was thinking you might be upset and suddenly you laugh. Eh? I was being so awefully honest that it almost seems a lie the scary face I was making the other day while complaining, you say? Aaaah, that's a secret! You cannot say it by all means! Grrr, enough, you're laughing a bit too much. Yes, laughing so pleasently, innocently and so, I wouldn't believe you the older one. God, you're so mean. No, it's nothing. Just speaking to myself. I was thinking of when the filming it's over. It'll be lonely! 

Track 4 - Meeting again
 *rain and traffic sounds* Hey! Why in such a place! Oooh, it's been a while. I was surprised, I thought someone really looked like you, I thought it could be. I'm glad I had the taxi to pull in. I can't believe we meet again. But, is it okay for a housewife to be walking all by herself this late at night? Eh, don't laugh! Because I'm worried. What hour do you think is now? I see, a class reunion? Today your husband and your daughter are at his parents house(?). Then... You're going back? Please wait! Since we were able to meet again wouldn't you have a dorama's closing party with me only? The last train already left, right? With this rain might be hard to get a taxi. I was just going to have a drink while sheltering from the rain. Come with me! Please? *you agree* Ah, really? I'm so happy! I'll go for the taxi, it pulled in real close, wait a sec. 

How have you been doing? It's been two months, right? Yeah, I've been good too. But it was a great coincidence, right? I still don't quite believe it. Like were connected. Right? Maybe it wasn't a coincidence at all. Ah, sorry, sorry, I kinda thought out loud. We almost arrive to the shop. I don't want to give you back, definitely not. *both enter the shop* What are you so nervous for? Relax, this is some sort of hiding place. For example, I'm a performer yet the other clients pretend not to notice. Because the other people just as me want to have a cocktail and enjoy a peaceful time. We all feel nice to be left alone. [02:46] Eh? ehehe. It's okay, it's okay. 

Another cup of martini. Not, better not. Because I just had a dry martini it might be too strong. Eh? I'm drinking a lot, you say? It's just that I wanted to drink some delicious martini. How's work, you say? Restless as usual. I'm grateful. When the shooting of the dorama ended and the producer saw the preview he seemed interested in my performance. He said I had improved. [03:40] The director as well as the staff and the costars complimented me a lot. Yeah, I was very happy. They motivated me. But you see, somehow I told myself not to be satisfied, not to drown in happines. I thought, am I really okay like this? Aren't other things I want to do? Not like I want to quit being an idol nor anything. It's just that as it is from now on I'll also sing songs, dance, be in dramas, appear in variety shows, it's interesting but I thought, isn't out there more people who can do the same? Is there something that only I can do? In our band each one of the members are students and the like. It's stimulating but at the same time makes me dubious. I end up comparing myself with the other members. I've gotta think more of myself, you say? Impossible. We're all together(?). I'm not gentle nor a good person! *drinks his cup* You still got time, right? Let's drink more. 

*lock opening* You got wet, are you okay? It doesn't look like it will stop raining. Beer is fine, right? Come help youserlf. *you approach and Sora caughts you by the arm* [05:38] Coming to such a place, it's okay for me to think you got that kind of interest, right? I can't take it anymore. I'm sorry. *kiss* I'm quite drunk you see. Do I taste like martini? Hmm... *continues kissing*  You taste like the kahlua drink you had. The sweet flavor of the milk is delicious. I wanted to see you, I really really wanted to see you. The truth is I've been always inlove with you. I know it's an impossible situation for you but only for tonight allow me to have you all to myself. Okay? Thank you *kisses*


Track 5 - Her choice
*phone tone* Hello, it's me... Sakuragi. I want to meet and have a chat, by all means. I tried to contact you earlier but it wouldn't go through. I'm sorry for doing something so selfish. Uhmm, please contact me. I'll be waiting. *cuts the call and tries to relax when his phone rings* Hello? I'm sorry. I surprised you, right? I know this is not precisely good but unless I meet you and talk to you I can't control this feeling. Let's talk, just one time. Will you allow me to meet with you? Thank you. Then let's meet at the shop of the other day at noon. *hangs up* This time I've got to convey my feelings. 

*you enter the shop, Sora is already waiting* 

Long time no see. Uhm, have you been doing well? Un, yeah, me too, kinda. Thanks for listening to what I'm saying today! I'm so glad because I thought you wouldn't want to meet again. There's something I wanna tell you. Is more like information really but I've decided my next work, it'll be a show of interviews. I was interested on it since before, I thought it'd be nice to try but I had no confidence at all. Still the show's producer said he wanted me to give it a shot no matter what. I'm used only to people addresing me questions, this time it'll be the opossite, I'll be the one making questions to the other party. Top athlete's, important actors, politicians, different personalities, authors, etc. There's nothing to do about my clumsiness regarding life-experience, being told I'd be introduced as an interviewr made me anxious. However I want to try on this current honest me, there will be times I'll make blunders but that's okay. As a youngster I used to think it was okay if I did what I knew I could(?). I've changed that way of thinking and it's all thanks to you. [02:48] It makes you happy to see I'm being myself? Thank you, for expressing it that way. There's another important talk. What happened the other day, I was certainly drunk but drunk or playing, that's not it at all. The you that's in front of me has a face of "don't say it" but no matter what I have to continue and tell you what I feel.  

[03:25] I like you. I'm not playing, I'm serious here! It's the first time I feel something like this. To be honest, since I started this job I've had the opportunity to date many girls and I've had no few candidates to be my girlfriend but I had never exposed this side of me before. I had fun only being with you, I forgot the stress and pressure from work, because of that I was jealous of your family. I wanted to snatch you away, I wanted to make you mine only. While I thought it was impossible I couldn't give up. Don't apologize, I knew it already. Still I had to communicate you my feelings. Please forgive me for saying selfish things. I'll always support you, you say? That!! ...Thank you. There'll be a show of the band I'm in the next month, I'll give you tickets, I'd like you to come. Well then. Although she was crying, a sense of relief must have risen too, all worries had come to an end. Even though I...


Track 6 - Real feelings
Thank you everybody! Thank you! We're really grateful that you came today. This might be too sudden, but I've got some information to give you. I'd been invited since long ago to host an interview show and I've decided to take it. *fans screaming: Congratulations Sora-kun! Give your best! I'll be looking forward to it!*. Thank you! I'll give my best! When I had this offer I was like, I wonder if I'll be able to do it? Will I be okay? Wouldn't it be best for another member of the band to do it? What should I do if I fail or so? I thought a lot of negative things. But after all, I realized the fans, members, staff and everybody was interested in what would I do next. Whether I fail and make blunders is okay. I wonder what will be of me now. *excited fans* I believe that if I don't look further, if I don't test myself and hang in there and grow, not only in this world but in any other I won't be strong enough. I have to take on challenges. Coming to thinking like that; telling me you'll always support me, being told by everyone the same. You've become my eternal support. Thank you very much!!


Track 7 - Ending
*Sora-kun walks up to his car and jumps in to make a phone call* Ah, hello. I'm really grateful that you came today. I really thought you wouldn't show up, so I was glad. The last words, no matter what, I wanted to tell them to you. I won't forget you, I'll always remember you. Maybe for the rest of my life? *chuckles* I wonder. I'm glad I met you. Thank you. *hangs up, starts engine and drives off*


Track 8 - Cast comment


TRANSLATIONS INDEX

4 comentarios:

  1. holaaa en donde puedo encontrar para escuchar este cd drama? lo quiero descargar. link plz ヽ(^Д^)ノ

    ResponderBorrar
    Respuestas
    1. En la traducción al español está el link ^^
      http://suzumiya-bren.blogspot.com/2014/07/toshishita-kareshi-vol-1-idol-sakuragi_13.html

      Borrar
  2. Se parese un poco triste al final,enamorado de una mujer casada (╥ᆺ╥)

    ResponderBorrar

Me interesa saber tu opinión, así que no te vayas sin comentar ;)