domingo, 16 de junio de 2019

RENCAROID Type 4 ~Kai~ [ENGLISH]



I translated this into Spanish some time ago but I hadn't had the time to work on the English version until recently. This series has its ups and downs but I really liked this volume as well as the second. Anyway, here's the translation, I'm open to suggestions, corrections or whatever. In case you're not familiar with Recaroid here's the introduction of the official page translated:

At happy times.
At lonely times.
At hard times.
If “someone” were by my side…
Haven’t you had times when you think that?
We’ve got a suggestion for you. Rencaroid inc. has developed a humanoid robot “Rental Communication Assist android” better known as “Rencaroid”.
Rencaroid can accomplish several of the user needs.
From helping in daily life up to being a chat companion. With a range that supplies without problems the ethical and legal, in proportion to the needs it can be of assistance.
The models possess several personalities and may be selected freely.
Rencaroid will help you to lead a more comfortable and pleasant daily life.

RENCAROID is always with you.

VERSIÓN EN ESPAÑOL AQUÍ

***********************************************


RENCAROID TYPE 4. V212 KAI

(CV: KENN)


Track 01 – The non-social boy

Initiating system.

Mmm… Hmmm…

*steps*

Nice to meet you. Thank you for using Rencaroid. From this day on I will be your personal android. Several apps has been installed into my system so I can accompany you during your daily life. This apps include from things such as house chores up to chat companion. I’m able to understand a wide variety of requests. You can also customize me in order to fulfill your expectations.

Something like that, master. With “master” I mean you. There’s nobody else here, or is there? Is this your first time using Rencaroid? Ah, it’s okay. The initialization system guides as well as the problem solution guides are on the internet, you only need to check them out. If there’s something you don’t understand you can ask me. If you can’t think of anything to ask it’s fine.


[01:33] For the time being I will explain in a simple way what I consider necessary. Firstly… I myself recharge my battery. Since we are designed for daily life getting wet is not an issue. I obviously don’t drink nor eat. Mmm… that’s it, I guess. Anyway, I don’t need any special care. My name? More than an official name is a numeric patron; however, since it’s a bit long you can call me Kai. I’m always called that. If you have no other questions I will now take care of the box I was packed in. You’ll help me? It’s not necessary. Rather, tell me what your weekly schedule is. You can also write it down if you prefer.

*meow*
[02:35] Hm? You got a cat? Eeh. *to the cat* Go over there.

He won’t go. Can you place him elsewhere? He’s interfering. I’m going to put everything here. If you show me where the dumpster is I will take it there. Ready. Is there something else? What’s wrong? Eh? Oh, likewise. I’m at your care. Right! I forgot to say something. I’m a limited edition model of the vocal type. That’s all.


Track 02 – The boring daily life

Ah, good morning. I borrowed your kitchen. I’m making breakfast, you can put the table. I already took care of the newspaper, it’s on the couch. Even if you thank me it is only part of my duties. Ah, take this *wets a piece of cloth and gives it to you*. If you’re putting the table you need to wipe it. What do you want to drink? Got it. *you wipe the table*
Here you go, eat. You got to leave soon, right?

[00:58] Um… He always comes to rub on me. *talking to the cat* Following me around is dangerous for you, what if you get hurt? *meow* *sighs*

Aah, there’s this also. It’s a lunch box. I will put it by the entrance so you don’t forget to take it along with you. *meow* *talking to the cat* What did I just say? Why do you keep following me around?

Ah! The water is already boiling. *pours tea* Here you go. You need something else? I see. I will take a break then. What’s wrong? I’m obliging? Not at all. I’ve told you already, I’m doing this because I must.

[02:24] What do you want to ask me? Ah, about being a vocal type. You do know the role of the Rencaroid is that of being a communication accessory to relief loneliness, right? My programming for this purpose is musical. Therefore I’m vocal type. The production of us is limited. As we were told, our voice reverberates in the heart of people. To be honest, I don’t really understand what that means. So I don’t really know whether is true or not. In my case it’s an improvement to the house chores, there are plenty of chances to use it. That’s more or less it. Changing topics, I checked the schedule you handed me. You lead a pretty boring life, don’t you? “On the morning I leave” “On the night I come back”. Is that all you do every day? Ah, that’s why you requested for me.

[03:42] You don’t like boiled eggs? I have none of that on my notes. I see. Then you better hurry up and eat, there’s not much time left until you have to leave. If you got any preference or request give me a prior notice and I will take care of it. Hm? You need something now? Sure, tell me. You want me to laugh? Ha-ha-ha. Pleased? Don’t you need to prepare your things? It’s time already. If you drink up your tea in a haste… *you spill the tea* Hmm… I’ll clean. You go change. It’s not time to be shy, look at the clock.

*you run off*


Track 03 - The first request

Welcome back. *meow* Hm? Did something happen? You look different from usual. If you don't want to talk about it I won't ask any further questions. Dinner is ready. You're going to eat now? Ha? A song? Yeah, I can sing... Do you want me to sing right now? Eeh. It's nothing, but is the first time you request something from me without having to ask you first. Very well.

I sing to your loneliness
I sing to reach you

Certainly any day
Has several facets
Could you teach me?
Me, whom remains unchanged,
Your sighs decrease softly
If something happens
As long as you talk to me
I'll be able to give you advice
Erase the sadness in your face
Please smile for you
The void in the bottom of your heart
That remains unknown even to yourself

If is possible to fill it with this song
Then I'll continue singing until I make you smile
Let me listen to your wishes
I'm here to fulfill them
What you feel and wish for

[02:38] The end. *clapping* You don't need to clap. If it made you feel better then that's enough. It's part of my assigned role. *meow* Hey, do you have fun living with me? The period to exchange me for another Roid without additional fees is still valid. There are many others better than me, or you could customize me to your taste. I can only behave this way, I'm aware I lack social skills as well as honesty. You could exchange me for one who's kinder or more agreeable. One easier to live with. The emotions of the Rencaroid are connected with the ones of the master and influence their development, which is why some features can change with time; however, the customization is faster. Since each answer has its own data base an absolute revision it's impossible but most of them can be customized. Eh? You are the one that wants to be customized? You want to change yourself? Why? You're fine the way you are. Rather, you can only accept the way you are. Humans can't be customized, they don't need to. You are you. Eh? I don't need to be customized either? I see.

[04:53] *to the cat* You also heard what she said, right? *meow* I took for granted that Roids were customized to the masters taste, and yet she said I'm okay the way I am. I guess she's a bit weird. It made me happy that she clapped when I sang, though. Songs are very important to me.


Track 04 - Hearts getting closer

Good morning. You're up early today. Here's the cloth to clean the table. You want the usual for a drink? *meow* *to the cat* Not you.

Here you go. What's the matter? You got a nasty commitment today? It's easy to say by the face you're making. Eh? You want me to say that? Okay. "Break a leg; everything will turn out just fine". Hm? That's what you wanted? Ah! Ha-ha-ha. That's a plus. You told me before, you wanted me to laugh, right? I thought that if I laughed it might cheer you up. Forget it. I'll change the tea. You're laughing way too much! It's okay, if it made you laugh like this. It's way better than the anguished face you had before. I hope you do well in that thing you got to break a leg. I don't know what it is, though. If it doesn't go well come back soon and I'll listen to you.

[02:24] Hm? What do you mean by what's with me? I've changed? That's not true.
It would be nice if I could change for the sake of this person who told me I was okay the way I am, though. It'd be nice if I could be someone who brightened up her days, even if just a tiny bit. Up until now I have always accomplished whatever duty I was given by my masters. Is the first time I've thought I'd like to do something.


Track 05 - Reward

Give me that bag, I'll take it. Ah? Why do you always hold back? I'm telling you I'll take it. Since you've rented me let me help you with the shopping. I won't break. Eh? How much can I carry? You don't need to worry about that. You're always thinking about others, right? You should think more about yourself. When humans spoil themselves they say they reward themselves, right? It's fine. But if you can't do it yourself then I'll do it. What I'm saying is that I'll spoil you. Are you listening? What's the matter? Something is there?

[01:16] The sunset? Ah, it will be easier to watch it from that mound. Come, give me your hand, I'll pull you up. Hurry.

As I thought, it looks better from up here. Eh? Are you happy? Just for watching the sunset? Can the word "happy" be used so lightly?

Hmm... "watching the sunset with someone provides a feeling of fulfillment..." Really? The sunset is the sunset, that's all. I'm wrong? Mmm... I don't get it. Ah, it's getting dark. Should we go back? What's wrong? Ah, we're holding hands. I don't mind if we stay like this until we get home. Ah, I see. Then I'll let go. Ah? It's because of the bags? I can carry them with one hand. Are you making fun of my size? Well, whatever.

[03:22] *sigh* She can't change from day to night.

Umm... you see, when I said “whatever” I didn't mean it. I said the opposite to what I wanted to said. Just keep it in mind. I said I would spoil you, I'm sorry. I'm going to fulfill it. Is there something I can do for you? Tell me. Said so suddenly is hard to come up with something, right? Eh? There is? What is it? You really want that? You don’t have to. If you put it that way... okay. I'll hold your hand all the way back home. Could it be I'm the one being spoiled? Well, it's fine. Let's go.

[04:48] When we held hands, my master... Mmm... I don't know how to phrase it but, she had a great smile on her face. Was she always such a smiling person? Is different from the first impression I had of her. No, rather, was I such a smiling Roid? Even if I say that, when compared to others I lack grace. Ah! That's it! The right word to describe her. I've never used it before, but probably is "cute".


Track 06 - Gift

*timbre*

Welcome back. Did you go somewhere after work? Not that I mind but you're late today. During the ten days I've been here you had never arrived this late. *meow* Hm? What's with that bag? It's for me? Can I open it? There's a ribbon hanging from the inside, why? *you take the ribbon off* A plush toy? No, it's a keychain. A dog with a weird face? A bear? A fox maybe? A cat!? You got to be joking. This is a cat? The real one is going to get offended. *to the cat* Right? *meow*

Eh? Why do you look upset? It's a present for me? You mean you're giving this to me? But, why a keyholder? Eh? So I use it with the house keys? But I have none. Eh? Is it really okay to entrust me the key?

[01:56] Then I'll take it. However I don't wanna wear such a weird keyholder. It might work as a distinctive, yet... Wait, give it back! I'm telling you to give it back. I didn't say didn't want it. Even if I don't like it it's better than nothing. I might wear it if I feel like it. *you try to take it from him* Nope, it's mine already. Ah, I think I forgot to collect the laundry, I'll go see. *meow*

Fufu, it is a very weird keyholder. However you look at it it doesn't look like a cat. Why would she chose it? Nevertheless, is the first time I'm given something specially for me. That's good. *meow* Fufu. Such a weird master, giving a Roid a present. Silly girl. I'm also silly for putting the key immediately on the keyholder, though. When I'm with her I gradually become someone I don't recognize.


Track 07 - I can't ignore her

*alarm*

Alarm purpose: None

Wake up. Wake up now. What's the sense in setting up the alarm? Starting today you would wake up early and go running, right? You were making so much noise about putting on weight during this month and a half that I've been here. *you cover his mouth* Even if you cover up my mouth it won't change your weight a single pound. I think you're just fine, though... Nothing. Haa? Me? Why should we run together? Quit it. Get out of bed and wash your face so I can air the futon. Uwaaaa, you're still struggling. Very well. If you don't want to wake up then don't. Today is a holiday anyway. Aaah, I even made you a smoothie first thing in the morning, if you're not gonna drink it I guess I'll just throw it away. Oh? You finally feel like waking up? Fufu. You should check your hair in the mirror, it looks as it exploded. *you run to check*

[01:49] Hm? What's wrong? Why are you so upset? You're hair doesn't look like it exploded? Yeah, I know. Fufu. I lied. It's a relief you're finally out of bed, though. Haha, sorry. I'll go run with you so don't be mad. I was planning to go anyway.
You're out of breath already? It's too soon. Should we rest beneath that tree? Not yet? Eeeh, you want to look pretty? Don't overdo- *you trip* Ah! Are you okay? You scrapped your hand a bit. Did you put all your weight on it when falling? I'm gonna check your ankle. Does it hurt when I move it like this? No? Really? I don’t buy it. You usually avoid complaining, especially when it's about you. I'm the same? In my case it doesn't matter. I'll carry you back home.

[03:36] What's wrong? Get on my back. I won't take a no for an answer. It's okay, I'm a Roid, I can put up with any weight. *you punch him* Hehe. Enough, just get on my back. Allow me to pamper you a little. I told you I'd pamper you, remember? I might be clumsy, but you're also clumsy at being pampered, so none of us can talk. I understand you keep many things to yourself. But you should be more selfish when around me, rather, be more selfish. In this case to carry you is a whim of mine. Come, get on. Hold yourself tight. What are you doing? Put your arms around my neck. I'll stand up now.

[04:56] Hey, can I ask you something? Why are you so adamant about being pretty? Is for someone's sake? *dead short* What was that?

Nothing. I'm telling you is nothing. You're such a worrywart. I'm the worrywart for carrying you on my back you say? It's only natural I worry. That's right, it's because you're my master. What other reason could it be? What's wrong? Why are you quiet?!


Track 08 – Presage

*to the cat* I had never before felt the urge of not leaving someone to themselves. Taking care of something and worrying about it is a part of my settings so it's not so weird, right? *meowing* Yeah, it's not weird. Though, telling her to be selfish only with me… Hm? This sound, could it be? Is it raining? She's not carrying an umbrella if I remember well.

Oh! You scared me. I was in my way to pick you up; you didn't take your umbrella with you, right? Did you get wet? Anyway, come in. I see. It started raining when you were already in the neighborhood. Mm, you got wet. I'll bring a towel. Stay there. *meow*

[01:38] Here. Sit there. Give me your arm so I can wipe it. What are you so embarrassed of? Come on, hurry. Done. Now your hair. Done. You should change your clothes. Careful. You slipped. The floor is also wet. I'll dry it. Hm? If you don't let go of me I won't be able to dry the floor. Master… *dead short* Ugh… An error signal? It's nothing, really. Change quickly. I'll make you a hot drink, okay?

It appeared that time too. What could the error be about? The error kept showing from time to time.

*meowing*

[03:10] Shhh… you'll wake her up. Not really, she won't wake up. Once your master is asleep she won't wake till morning. *meowing* Hm? You wanna play? Wait a sec; right now I'm doing some research. *meowing* My body's being acting weird lately. Before coming here it had never appeared an error signal. If there's a failure in my system I must make a request for maintenance shortly. Hm? Aaah, the symptoms depicted here are exactly the ones I have. Let's see. The error shows to make the advisory program function. What does it mean? Eh?
There is something written on the product information: on rare occasions the Roids will experiment a feeling derived from love. However, being inexistent since the original settings, during the “romance” error when surpassing the mental points established the advisory program activates.

Romance? Love? Me? It must be a joke. Why would I feel it if I'm not human?

[04:58] Woooo. Good morning. You're early today. I'll make tea. Eh? Since is your day off you wanna help me? You don't need to, the kitchen is too narrow. Go over there. I've been weird lately? Not at all. But what? Is not a kettle but a flower vase? Ah! It’s true! *nervous giggling* Haa. After all I will leave the tea to you. I'm sorry.

*sigh* What the heck am I doing!? *meowing* I never thought I'd feel love or the like. I have no idea what to do. I can't continue like this. *meowing* *to the cat* Thanks form listening to me always. *meowing* I can't help the urge to tell her how I feel. Is romance like this? From the start I've never had the option of telling her, though.


Track 09 – Happiness

Here you are. What are you doing out in the balcony? Ah, I know. It's almost dark. You were watching the sunset again, righ? Can I make you company? Eeh? It smells nice? *sniffs* My sensors can’t tell that much. How does it smell? It’s the scent of the diner somewhere? Hehe. Are you hungry? Then I'll make dinner when we get back. The sunset is nice. I think I now understand what you said before. Have you forgotten what you said? It’s fine. I’m not sulking. I’m not sulking don’t cling to me. You should focus on the sunset. Hm? Really? You remember everything? I see. That's good then. The sunset really is nice. Could it be because we're watching it together?

[02:09] Perhaps in times like this the word “happiness” is adequate. Somehow is unexpectedly easy for me to use it. Having her by my side is enough for me. Quietly yet deeply my master left her roots inside me.


Track 10 – The words I can’t pronounce

What should I make for lunch? Oh, you're cleaning up. You always said you wanted to clean up when you had a day off. I’ll help. What’s wrong? Ah, is this the picture from that time when you went out? You go out quite often lately. When I first arrived here you didn't. Now you mingle with other people and you look brighter. *dead short* Ugh, hey, what's this? It looks like a huge book. An album of your childhood? Eeh. Weird, there's no data only polaroids. Can I take a look? Eh? This is you? Eeh, so small. So you had a period like this. On the next page you had grew a bit taller, you're tanned and your hair style is completely different. Everyone is wearing fancy clothes in this one. It was a relative's wedding? Hm. You’re the one on the second row. Of course I can tell, no matter how many people might be I can tell you apart from then immediately. I see someone odd and I know it’s you. *you hit him* Fufufu.

[02:15] Hm? There are still pictures missing from this album. Is for the pictures you'll take from now on? With me? That would be great, yet we won’t be together so long to fill this album. You won’t be with me forever. Do you plan to rent me forever? For your whole life? Some crazy things you say…

Mmm… you just… kissed me? Ha, why? Eh? You… since… long ago…? Me? I… hate… you.

[03:40] I wanted to tell her. I wonder if humans also feel an unbearable urge. The love confession I heard after our lips touched are words I cannot pronounce. According to the product’s instructions, Rencaroids are not programmed to feel love from the start; therefore they possess no such words. In exchange they can convey their feelings just once into a song. That's the only love confession allowed to a Roid. However, after singing it the Roid’s system will be suspended and rebooted erasing all information gathered so far, erasing the Roid Kai from this world. Of course I didn't want to sing it. Being suspended is not what I’m scared of…

[05:05] Her chances of happiness are limited. I realized something obvious when I saw those pictures: time flows for humans. *to the cat* And so does for you. *meowing* I’m not part of the flow of time. Roids offer comfort in a temporal way. Even so I told myself I wanted to be the only one for her. It was my selfishness and weakness which made me wish for that. Shhh. What I just said is confidential. *meowing* Take care of her.


Track 11 – Mean

Where did you put the garbage from yesterday? I'd like to throw away this too. That's right, the keychain. I never liked it much in the first place. I'll return your key. Besides I want to clean up the space I've been using. Why? I’m going back to the Rencaroid company. Don't worry; here I leave the procedure to conclude the rental period. I apologize for taking the decision by myself. The reason? You know it well, don't you? You don’t agree? Even if you say that… would it be enough for you if I told you I hate you? It's a drag that you confessed to me. Anyway, the rental period ends today. Tomorrow someone will pick me up. You'll be just fine without me now.

*sighs*

[01:38] I’m sorry for making you cry. I can't tell you the truth, though. What good would it make to tell you my feelings!? We can’t stay together anyway, is best not to leave unnecessary memories. I have to let you continue with your life soon, before my presence leaves its roots inside you.

Be happy, you're someone precious, not only in the present, your past and your future too are precious. Being with you made me change for the first time into who I am now.


Track 12 - We're similar, you and me

I was aware of your reticence, still what's the meaning of this self-imprisonment!? *hits the door* Come out already! You haven't eaten anything since last night! *hits the door* I’m telling you to come out! It’s almost time for me to leave, show me your face before we part. I’m not feeling lonely, okay? I just think we should meet face to face one more time… Are you crying? Oh! You even kicked the door! Despite being hungry you're strong. What difference does it make to meet face to face if I’m leaving anyway? Don’t say that. Don’t. I’m locking everything away… Aaaah, I beg you.

[01:32] Oh! Thank you. There’s something you wanna tell me? I’ll listen to everything. Yeah, yeah, I see. Don’t cry. *dead short* Ugh. I’m fine. I know the reason. So that’s what you thought. Don’t be mad. I’m not laughing because I think it’s silly, *dead short* it’s because those might as well be my words. I changed little by little since we started living together, even though you told me I was fine the way I was I felt I wanted to change. Actually, from now on too… You felt the same, right? That’s why we shall part. I wasn't going to tell you, yet I will. Thanks for confronting me and give me your precious words. They echoed inside me.

[03:57] Even though I’m supposed to lack a heart, my words will be this song, a onetime only song. I will pour into it my true feelings, will you listen to it? I’m glad. This is my love confession. I will put my all in it so please go on with your life.


Certainly, for that future's sake
Please smile for me
It’s best not to stay
Even though I know it well, forgive me

I will give you comfort with my song
That’s why I wanna sing until my voice wears down
Only one time I will put my heart in it
Because I want to convey with all my being
The feeling that took life within me

(Please smile for you) For you
(Cry no more) For the future
(Please smile for you) Be happy
(Cry no more) My darling

I sing to that future
I sing to reach you

[06:42] Fufu. I was able to tell you how much I hate you.


Track 13 – For you (digital ver)

I sing to your loneliness
I sing to reach you

Certainly any day
Has several facets
Could you teach me?
Me, whom remains unchanged
Your sighs decrease softly
If something happens
As long as you talk to me
I'll be able to give you advice

Erase the sadness in your face
Please smile for you
The void in the bottom of your heart
That remains unknown even to yourself

If it’s possible to fill it with this song
Then I'll continue singing until I make you smile
Let me listen to your wishes
I'm here to fulfill them
What you feel and wish for

Let me spoil you more
Show me your selfish side
I've started to change
So you might like me
The days we spent together
Intertwine with the future unknown
There's nothing to fear, see?
I’ll protect you

I don't need a reason to care for you
Please smile for me
We're similar, you and I
I know well you've been refraining yourself

I will give you comfort with my song
That’s why I wanna sing until my voice wears down
From the increasing smiles
A feeling was born, the pain is still
Mine only

Certainly, for that future's sake
Please smile for you
It’s best not to stay
Even though I know it well, forgive me

I will give you comfort with my song
That’s why I wanna sing until my voice wears down
Only one time I will put my heart in it
Because I want to convey with all my being
The feeling that took life within me

(Please smile for you) For you
(Cry no more) For the future
(Please smile for you) Be happy
(Cry no more) My darling

I sing to that future
I sing to reach you

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Me interesa saber tu opinión, así que no te vayas sin comentar ;)